Although I normally train tri’s with chest and bi’s with back and shoulders on their own special day, yesterday I mixed it up and had a killer arm workout hitting all three muscle groups! Yeah strong arms woo!
Note: DB = dumbbell, BB = barbell, and I’m lazy so when I write 4 x 12 what I actually mean is that I started with 12 reps, increased weight and dropped to 10 reps, increased weight and dropped to 8 reps, and increased weight and did 6-8 reps (depending on whether or not I could make it to 8 lol). So 4 sets, decreasing weight by intervals of 2 and increasing weight each time, generally by 5 lbs!
Bi’s, tri’s, & shoulders 💪
– 4 x 12 DB lateral raises
– 4 x 12 DB arnold press
– 4 x 12 DB around the worlds
– 4x superset 10 BB upright rows -> 10 military press
– 4x superset 10 BB front raise -> 10 BB bicep curl
– 4 x 12 wide grip BB curls
– 4x til failure lat raise complex (lat raise into front raise — this is one of my favorite shoulder exercises, shown in the second to last video on this post: https://instagram.com/p/BV6ISB8guoY/)
– 4 x 12 skullcrushers (can use either DBs or a barbell — I normally use a barbell!)
– 4 x 12 overhead triceps press (using either one heavy DB or rope attachment on the cable!)
– 4 x 12 triceps pushdown (cable, straight bar or v-bar attachment)
– 4 x 12 reverse grip triceps PD (cable, straight bar)
– 4 x 12 wide grip triceps PD (cable, lat bar)
– 4 x 12 cable curl (straight bar)