Tonight for dinner my mom and I made these bright, light, and refreshing fish tacos, and I couldn’t not share this recipe! Super quick and easy to make, this fish taco is a great healthier option that left me satisfied and very, very happy. 😌 This could also be enjoyed as a tasty dip for tortilla chips, which is probably how we will finish off the leftovers tomorrow!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz fresh white fish
- 6 Flour tortillas
- (optional) Taco seasoning
- The recipe I adapted this from called for 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped), but I have that weird gene that makes cilantro taste like soap so I opted not to use it lol
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice cherry tomatoes, avocados, jalapeño, and red onion, and combine in a bowl. Add lime juice and lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat a pan coated with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil over medium-high heat. Season white fish (I used cod) with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 2-3 minutes each side on medium-high until the fish is opaque.
- Let fish cool, and then add flaky pieces to the tomato, avocado, jalapeño, red onion, and citrus mixture.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a pan lightly coated with cooking spray or olive oil. Toast tortilla on both sides until crispy and golden-brown.
- Serve the fish and salsa mixture over tortillas and enjoy!!